Wednesday 17 April 2013

Daily Hair Care

My hair, like my skin, goes through stages of being dry and then oily. At the moment my hair is quite dry because I recently dyed my hair. I usually match my hair products to whatever "mood" my hair is in. We all know hair is dead so whatever you do to your hair, it is only improving the outer layer of your hair.

With that being said I'm going to share my hair products that I've been using recently to combat my dry hair and if you know me you'll know that my pet hate is washing and styling my hair. That is why I've got my hair down to two washes a week - bonus!

Left to right: Dischem Heat Protection Spray - R34.95, Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo - R45.95, Batiste Dry Shampoo Spray - R35, Moroccan Argan Oil Conditioner - R19.95, Trevor Sorbie Ultimate Moisture Mask for Thick Hair - R99.99
Dischem Heat Protection Spray - I use this before I blow dry or straighten my hair. I try not to apply any heat to my hair as my hair is quite thick and it frizzes so easily and heat makes it worse unfortunately. When I have to blow dry my hair this heat protection spray really does the trick. It leaves my hair soft and my hair doesn't frizz as much as it normally would. I was surprised as it was so cheap. Definitely will repurchase this when it's finished.

Avon Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo - Leaves my hair so soft but manageable. I didn't even feel the need to put conditioner on that's how soft it was. Really a bargain and will definitely repurchase this again

Batiste Dry Shampoo Spray - This stuff is a real little beast. It soaks up all the oil and when you rough your hair up to get the white, powdery residue out your hair. It leaves your hair looking like you have washed it and not an oily slick - sounds gross when I put it that way. I bought the small bottle first because I wasn't sure if it really would work. Definitely going to buy the bigger bottle when it finishes.

Avon Moroccan Argan Oil Conditioner - I applied this on the tips of my hair and my word this stuff is great. My ends of my hair are very dry and this conditioner smoothed those ends out and made them soft - best conditioner so far!

Trevor Sorbie Ultimate Moisture Mask for Thick Hair - I'm in love with this mask. Usually hair masks make my hair limp and oily and just dead looking but not this mask. My hair was shiny, straight and soft. Don't apply this to your whole head though as it will make it oily. Only apply it to the ends of your hair and leave in for 3 minutes.

What's your hair routine?
xxx

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from every one of you so please feel free to share your thoughts below! x