Thursday 28 November 2013

Catrice Absolute Nude Eyeshadow Palette

The Catrice Absolute Nude eyeshadow palette is such a tricky one for me to be honest. Don't get me wrong the colours are perfect for nude eyes and they are shimmery and matte but the pigment and crumbly-ness of the palette throws me a bit...
The pigment throws me a hell of a lot because what the colours look like in the palette and how they show up on skin are two completely different colours and its like the colours come from a different palette. The three colours that are true though are the first two on the left hand side and the colour labelled number 4. The two colours labelled 1 and 2 are a lot less pigmented than what it looks but I enjoy using both constantly as the one is great for a highlighter and the other is great for a barely there nude look. Number 3 is a beautiful copper matte-ish shade that I sometimes use all over my eye. Although in the palette it looks more of a light chocolate brown colour but I love the copper shade either way so no complaints from me. Number 4 to me should actually be in number 3's place if we're going from lightest to darkest but still a beautiful true colour.

Colours number 5 and 6... I shied away from these two for long. I literally didn't even swatch them because it scared me that much. They both look like very dark almost grey, green colours but when I finally swatched them (I had a brave moment) I was pleasantly surprised at the colours. No grey, green colours here! They are true brown colours with a copper hint running through 5. I am now happy to say that I use ALL colours offered and I must say I'm happier about the contrast of the colours in the palette to on your actual skin. They aren't harsh colours at all, they all work very well together to create a number of different looks and can be added on to create a darker smokey eye or just a subtle hint of eyeshadow. Very versatile palette.

My only drawback of this palette is that the eyeshadows are very crumbly which can result in fall out and you having eyeshadow flakes on your cheeks but I find that if you press your eyeshadow brush into the eyeshadow and tapping off the excess stops the crumbly-ness from becoming annoying. Rather don't brush your brush through it. All in all I do love this palette, even though I was taken aback by the colours once swatched but the colours turned out great for me.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from every one of you so please feel free to share your thoughts below! x