Friday 8 November 2013

The Summer Series: Makeup


Since its soon to be summer in my hemisphere; I thought I should put together a series of blog posts dedicated to what to wear and use during the hot summer weather. I've seperated it all into makeup, skincare, body and hair. This post is the makeup post.

Now for summer its all about a light base, bronzed rosey skin with nude eyes and waterproof mascara. BB creams are great for summer as they are so much lighter, but they perfect your skin and most BB creams mattify your skin which is perfect for people with combination to oily skin like me. My choices for BB creams are the Garnier BB cream and the Rimmel BB cream.  Both mattify and perfect your skin while being light enough for a summer base and being dewy at the same time. Perfection.

For bronzer I chose the Essence Sun Club Matte Bronzer and the Avon Glow Blush and Bronze Duo. Both bronzers aren't muddy or orange and give a great bronzed, tanned look to your skin. Faux tan anyone? The blush also in the Avon Glow Blush and Bronze Duo is great for my skin as it packs quite a punch and manages to be peachy and pink at the same time, and the Essence Blush in Adorable is such a light beautiful pink colour. It could be too light for me as I'm a brunette but for blondes it would look really healthy and pretty. I still manage to wear it though.

I chose the NYX Runway Palette in Caviar and Bubbles as its such a versatile palette. It comes with shimmery or matte golden shades with a pink and dark browns and blacks. You can create such soft, golden eyes with it or go for more of a smokey eye. Mascara for me would be a waterproof one. I chose the Revlon Grow Lucious Mascara in waterproof. This doesn't budge in water or if you sweat a bit so if you going for an unexpected swim then no need to worry about runny mascara or raccoon eyes. Only make up remover can get rid of this bad boy.

Lastly for lips I chose the Revlon Just Bitten Balm Stain in Honey. Its moisturising and adds such a lovely, natural colour to lips.

For me this summer is natural all the way. Whats your makeup staples for summer?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from every one of you so please feel free to share your thoughts below! x