Thursday 21 November 2013

The Summer Series: Skincare

The second post to The Summer Series is on skincare. I like to change my skincare products as per the seasons as the different seasons affect my skin quite dramatically. These are my staples for summer with a few randoms added in whenever I feel like my skin needs something else.
My skin in summer gets quite oily if I don't control it and my skin usually suffers from breakouts. So a lot of my products used in summer are more to control oil and to get rid of pimples. This is one reason why I prefer winter as my skin in winter borders on the normal type rather than oily and pimples are few and far between.

Bioderma has a range of products aimed at different skin types. The Sebium range is aimed at combination to oily skin types. I've swapped my Bioderma Sensibo H2O makeup remover for the Bioderma Sebium H2O this summer to help combat excess oil. This still removes makeup just as well but it removes excess oil and impurities and it doesn't dry out my skin at all. It also contains zinc gluconate which helps with acne. Double trouble. Also another Bioderma product is my much raved about Bioderma Sebium AI Intensive Care Cream. It doesn't make your skin oilier, it makes it more matte, smooth and helps with acne prone skin. It dries out pimples and helps prevent future pimples from making an unwanted appearence.

Two other products for summer will help with radiant skin, a must have for summer in my opnion. Clarins Daily Energizer Lotion does wonders to smoothen my skin and complexion and makes me look wide awake. It contains SPF 15 and its a very light consistency that moisturises but doesn't make my skin greasy so no shiny areas in sight. Over time I've noticed my skin looks healthier and has more of a glow to it. Paired with this I use The Clarins Daily Energizer Wake-Up Booster which is like a watery toner that contains a lot of ingredients aimed at "waking your skin up" and looking glowy such as redcurrent, green coffee and white tea extracts. Its so refreshing on the skin and rehydrates without overly rehydrating my skin which in turn leaves my skin looking fresh and clean. I use both of these products in the mornings.

The two Body Shop products (do you see a connection here? Two of each brands...not done purposely haha!) coming out of the Seaweed range aimed at combination to oily skin. The one is a facewash and the other is a mask. Both I've done seperate reviews on each, I'll do a quick run down in case you missed the posts. The facewash is the Seaweed Pore Cleansing Facial Exfoliator and is great for getting rid of bumps under the skin and some blackheads. My skin always feels so smooth after using this. Next is The Body Shop Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask which draws out impurities and gets rid of excess oil although this does leave my skin a bit burn-y and red. Both are amazing products that are really making me consider getting more out of the seaweed range.

So those are my summer skincare choices. My aim is for matte, smooth, healthy and glowing looking skin that is still well moisturised. Not too much to ask for right?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from every one of you so please feel free to share your thoughts below! x