Monday 18 November 2013

Budget Beauty: New Garnier BB Cream

I'M REPOSTING THIS AS SOMEHOW THIS TURNED INTO A DRAFT WHEN I RE-EDITED MY BLOG. The new Garnier BB cream designed for people with combination to oily skin. What a beauty. I featured this in my October favourites and a FOTD post AND in my The Summer Series: Makeup post. I've been promising to do a full review for a while now so its finally here...

The original Garnier BB cream was really great if you have dry skin but it made my skin look really shiny and I was worried it would cause my skin to break out because of how oily it left my skin. Garnier got wind of the situatuon and tweaked their formula to suit people with an oiler skin type -I'm glad they invented something for everyone! And on the plus side is that its so affordable! Only R85 at Dischem or Clicks stores or any other retailer.

I got the light shade and it matches my skin perfectly and it makes me look healthier. It is quite matte but very runny when it comes out the long, thin tube so be careful when you use it the first time. I actually like that its runny because you can spread it easier, a lot of matte foundations or BB creams are harder to blend in. Some people might have a problem with the runny consistency. This also isn't the type of matte that leaves dry, flaky patches to your skin, it actually moisturises but soaks up excess oil...makes sense? It contains SPF 20 so its great for a sunny, summers day. It even outs my skin tone making it appear glowy, fresh and airbrushed perfect, minimises the look of larger pores and conceals blemishes and imperfections perfectly. I find the only place I need concealer is under my eyes. The BB cream actually looks better after an hour I've noticed, obviously cause it settles into my skin. I have no complaints about this apart from the fact that my tube was leaking product out a little bit if I kept it propped up on the lid side. I've just now propped it upside down and that seems to have prevented leakage so be careful how you leave it. Its such a beautiful product to waste that you don't even want to think about that happening.

At such an affordable price for such a great product I think if you're not fighting your way to a Garnier stall after this you're not a true beauty lover!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from every one of you so please feel free to share your thoughts below! x