Thursday 14 November 2013

The Body Shop Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask

The Body Shops Seaweed range is quickly becoming my cup of tea. As I said before in a previous review the seaweed range is aimed at combination to oily skin. This mask is best for deeply cleansing and detoxifying the skin which us right up my street.

I apply a thin layer and leave it on for 10 minutes or whenever it has hardened and rinse it off. Its recommended to use once or twice a week and I use it twice a week.

This mask really is effective and helps get rid of oil and cleans out your pores. I do, however notice irritation around my nose area. It literally started to burn and tingle a bit. It was an uncomfortable feeling and once I rinsed it off my nose was a bit red but it calms down very quickly so its nothing too hectic. I haven't quite figured out the reason why it left my nose red and everywhere else was fine but I have been able to prevent the problem by making sure my face is wet and not letting it dry completely around my nose area. It can be quite a mission but the results of this mask makes all that effort worth it. My skin feels smoother and the oil is less and my pores feel so clean afterwards. I've heard the stinging/burning sensation is normal though - obviously the products way of working.

Like all clay masks this does dry out the skin but nothing too bad if you do have combination to oily skin. I wouldn't recommend that people with dry or sensitive skin use this as it will dry out your skin or could irritate your skin. It is quite a thick mask and you don't need a lot of product as you only need to apply a thin layer. There are small grains in the clay which helps for exfoliation.

This mask will be a life saver in the upcoming summer months when my skin becomes a bit too oily and feels dirty.

The Body Shop Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask - R99

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from every one of you so please feel free to share your thoughts below! x