Monday 27 May 2013

What's On My Nails #5 // Absolutely Blue

Essence Colour & Go Absolutely Blue - R24.95
Tip Top Nail Chic Protein Base Coat - R41.50

The Essence Colour & Go range is a quick drying nail polish. Personally I don't find it dries all that quickly but it dries quicker than normal nail polish. The colour I got was Absolutely Blue, I was stuck with this colour and a minty colour when I bought this. Eventually I put down the minty colour and I got this instead because I have a minty colour already and I had nothing like this colour - it was pretty hard to put down that mint colour though! This colour is like a powdery, blue and almost bordering on slight purple. I love this colour, its so pretty, feminine and it draws attention to your nails without being too "in your face".

I first tried this colour without a base coat or a top coat and it lasted a day literally - that was my fault too but generally Essence nail polishes don't have the longest staying power - I wish Essence nail polishes lasted for longer than two days because they have such great colours. I then applied this Tip Top protein base coat, that I got when I bought this Essence nail polish, the second time I painted my nails and this really makes a difference! When you remove your nail polish it makes the nail polish just glide off instead of you having to vigorously rub it off and it also protected my nails from getting stained. It made my nail polish last for an extra day too which is great for the Essence nail polishes.

All in all I think I'll only buy Essence nail polishes because of their wide range of beautiful colours and because they are very affordable but I wouldn't buy it if you're looking for something that'll last longer than two days. The Tip Top Protein Base Coat is excellent, easy to apply and at R40 a pop its very afforable for a product that works so well. Tip Top also have a wide range of colours and the base coat has convinced me to try their nail polishes out very soon.

xxx

Links below:

Tip Top - their Facebook page

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from every one of you so please feel free to share your thoughts below! x