Wednesday 15 May 2013

What's On My Nails #4 // Vamp It Up


Avon Speed Dry+30 in Vamp It Up - R87.95.

This nail polish is a very dark red colour, like red wine. I love this colour as a true red doesn't suit me at all but dark reds do. I must say I wasn't expecting much from this nail polish, I usually trust high end nail polishes more (even though this nail polish is as expensive as a high end nail polish anyways). One coat literally dries in 30 seconds, no word of a lie and the colour is the colour you see in the bottle with two coats. The pictures make it look almost streaky and patchy but when you look at them "in real life" its a solid colourand its a cream finish like most nail polishes. It's really lovely to apply as it spreads so easy and you don't need a lot on your brush. The nice thing is that you can apply it slowly without having to rush in fear of the nail polish drying before you've covered your whole nail because it's very "liquidy" if that makes sense? It's not sticky or too thick, its just right. I tested how long it lasts and without a top coat it lasts two days which isn't too bad and with a top coat it lasts about four to five days, thats a bonus for me because I take my nail polish off eventually during that time frame whether its chipped or not. I really like this nail polish even though I think the normal price is just a little too expensive since it doesn't last very long without a top coat and I see this month its on offer for just R50 (which is more suitable) and I'm tempted to get Swift Sherbet and Smoky Plumes added to my collection although I'm having doubts about Smoky Plumes (its a greyish purple colour but I'm not sure if it'll suit my skin)! Oh and its also worth a mention that these nail polishes contain volcanic rock so that it hardens nails and allows nails to dry quicker.

xxx

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from every one of you so please feel free to share your thoughts below! x