Friday 17 May 2013

Essence Sun Club


This is the Essence eyeshadow in 02 Long Beach and I got it at Dischem for R34.95. These eyeshadows are very glittery but thankfully when they are on your eyes you don't look like a disco ball. I added two photo's of the swatches in as I wanted to show you what they looked like in different light. The first swatches are in day light, you can see they aren't as glittery and some even look matte and are very light against the skin. The second photo is in the dark with just a light camera flash and you can see they show up more and are a lot more glittery. The first four shades on the left of my arm are the top shades of the eyeshadow palette and the four shades on the right of my arm are the bottom of the eyeshadow palette. I can't really use glittery shades as it makes my eyes look funny so don't ask me why I bought this but I actually find it works well with a matte creamy eyeshadow as the base and then work these colours in. They are very creamy and easy to apply but not too pigmented but it's buildable so if you want your eyes to stand out you can add more eyeshadow on and it'll look great! The staying power isn't too great despite the product saying it's long lasting, I found half way through the day I had to add some more in the creases of my eye. An eye primer does help a little bit with making it stay but you still have to add some more. Despite that I think it's a very nice, neutral, affordable palette to have and I find myself reaching for this at least twice a week when I want my eyes to have an extra "pop".

Definitely worth a try!
xxx

Links below:

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from every one of you so please feel free to share your thoughts below! x