Monday 9 December 2013

Some Bedroom Changes

I've been feeling the need for a few changes in my room. I'm in my room most of the time, its like my little sanctuary and I know this isn't a beauty related posts but I'd like to start doing a few posts like this.
I've been wanting this change for about 6 months but I never found anything that I really loved and I was casually walking into Mr Price Home for a COMPLETELY different reason when I saw this duvet (R199). Its safe to say that I had to have it. Its just so beautiful and I love the colours and the birds and bird cages on it. I, of course, had to get two more cream pillowcases (R59) as those weren't part of the duvet set and I had to get a sheet (R99) to match, 2 sets of curtains (R99 for the one on special & R279 for the other set) and an inner (R199) for my duvet so its resulted in a lot of time spent matching up colours and making sure I had the right things. Two things were marked down and all in all it cost me about R900. Not bad. What's also great is that Mr Price Home has an online site  now that you can order from the comfort of your own home and you get some stuff online that isn't usually in your store. The two long, small cushions were my mom's and if I'm not mistaken she got them from Mr Price Home too, although I have no idea how much they were.

I also got a very cute coffee/tea mug from Pick n Pay for like R10 - bargain! Its so pretty and I can easily say I think I like my creams and blues. I love my room now and I feel so much calmer and happier with it. Its funny what change can do. I think, as girls, we can all say that we've had many different rooms. Mine were from pink, to dolphin themed, to pink again and to crazy, wild colours. This room now definitely seems more grown up, calmer and more me. I'm happy.

I hope you enjoyed this post as it is quite different to what I usually write and I really enjoyed the change. Change is good sometimes.

1 comment :

  1. I love that Lauren Conrad book, haha. Your bed looks so cozy :)

    xo Mel
    Selfhelp | Inspiration | Positivity

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from every one of you so please feel free to share your thoughts below! x