Thursday 12 December 2013

RiRi Loves Mac Her Cocoa Palette Looks

As I'm sure you all know I got the Her Cocoa Palette last week and I've been playing around with it non stop. Its such a beautiful palette, I had trouble coming to grips with the fact that I actually had to disturb its beauty with my eyeshadow brush in order to actually use it. Now as said before (in this post) this is my first step into the world of Mac and boy is it a good 'un.

Now I am quite the eyeshadow nube and I tend to not over experiment with wild colours or anything like that. I stick to my nudes and I play it safe with the different looks you can create with an eyeshadow palette. First off let me say that the pigment is very strong and the shadows are easy to blend. They are very soft and not at all crumbly. The limited edition packaging does feel very special to me although I'm not mad over the pink aspect of it. I love all the colours and will definitely be getting a lot of use out of this.

For the look above I used the peachy shade all over my lid and the brown colour on the bottom left hand side blended into the corner of my eye and into the crease. This is my average eyeshadow look so nothing new here. The peachy shade is lovely as a base and highlighter for under the brow and in the inner corner of the eye. The brown colour I used above is my favourite colour out of the palette as it is pigmented but can be used very lightly and ahh its just a gorgeous, warm brown. I would wear this more in the day time as it is defined but very light and subtle.

The above look is still very similar to the first picture, just that I used the darkest shade on the bottom right hand side of the palette. I actually really like this look as it was a lot more defined as I smudged into my bottom lashes and in the outer corner of my eye and in the crease. I could easily wear this look at night time, I would just add a bit more dark shades to smoke it up.
Above I used that glittery gold colour all over my lid, the lighter brown on the bottom left in my crease and then the darker brown in the bottom right of the palette right in the outer corner of my eye and just under my bottom lashes. I actually liked this look because its subtle during the day and at night, all you do at night is make it darker and more dramatic to stand out. I didn't expect to like the gold shade as its really glittery but it actually mutes down to a nice shimmery, gold colour thats easy to wear. I do find though that the glitter from the gold has a lot of fall out so when I apply this, I use a tissue right under my eye so that the tissue collects the fall out rather than having to brush it off my eye. I also applied the gold right in the inner corner of my eye and spread it out, this made my eyes pop and look brighter and awake.

All in all I love this palette probably a little bit more than I should.

Mac Her Cocoa Palette - R450 available on THIS site.

3 comments :

  1. I love this pallet, there are so many things you can do with it, and I love the look on you!

    Cornelia - Ineffable Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks such a beautiful palette xx

    http://underbluelights.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from every one of you so please feel free to share your thoughts below! x