Wednesday 11 December 2013

Clarins Eau des Jardins Perfume

You'll find it interesting (if you are big into your perfume or even not) that Clarins actually formulated this perfume not just as a pretty, summer fragrance but to be worn in the sun safely. A lot of perfumes formulas have psoralens.
This ingredient interacts with the skin and can bring permanent change in pigmentation of your skins colour when worn in the sun. I for one know this as my mom has a "perfume pigment" on her chest and has always warned us to be careful. Clarins have taken out the psoralens even from the citrus ingredients and therfore make it safe for you to smell summery and be in the sun. Leave it to Clarins to do such a wonderful thing.

Another noteworthy, interesting thing about this perfume is that it is known as a "treatment fragrance" or a mood-shifter as the bottle promises to uplift, refresh and captivate and this is certainly not an exaggeration. It smells so airy, summery, invigorating and fresh. Its got citrus such grapefruit, lemon, orange and bergamot and floral scents like rose, mint and bay leaf and it has a garden, woodsy, beachy smell all in one. The mood uplifting scents are the essential oils of patchouli, vetiver and cedarwood. To be honest I'm not quite sure how it uplifts you but it really does. It automatically makes me happier and calmier maybe just because it reminds me of a beach and that could make me happy any day.

Clarins also added to the formula moisturising beech bud extract and radiance boosting sorbus bud extract. I'm really selling this perfume, aren't I? But truely, Clarins has paid careful attention to the formula making it safe and pretty. I do love the little bottle as well (obviously its sold in bigger spritz bottles) as it takes up no space in my handbag. The colour of the bottle is wonderful as well. Its red orange mixing into yellowish green although I think a blue green bottle would've worked better as its more beachy, but it still works for me.

Perfect for the summer weather coming soon. What is not to like? Clarins has nailed it properly.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from every one of you so please feel free to share your thoughts below! x