Thursday 30 January 2014

January Favourites

So the first month of 2014 has come and nearly gone. January has got to be the longest month ever. It drags so bad, mainly because January is the month that everyone is a little bit more broke than they'd like to admit. For some odd reason, even though January is a time for new beginnings and a new start, I never really have liked January all that much. Last year I never did a December Favourites post so a lot of these products are mainly December's favourites with literally a few products being the favourites for January (no money month - what can I say? I never bought a lot.)

So starting with hair is the Dove Colour Radiance Leave In Conditioning and Care Spray - R64 from Dischem. I spray this into wet hair and blow dry as normal and this leaves my hair so conditioned, soft and healthy. This proctects your hair from the harmful UV rays that can fade your hair colour, so I concentrate on the top of my head by my roots since thats where the sun is most likely to hit. This smells great and its very lightweight misting spray - although be careful to not use too much as it can make your hair oilier quicker. Next hair product is the Schartzkopt Gliss Ultimate Repair Anti-Damage Mask - R69. Wow this stuff is super amazing. My hair is very dry and damaged but strangely I can't use very heavily conditioning conditioners or masks because my hair gets oily then (go figure!), but this mask is very thick but weightless and it smells great too, it leaves that lingering scent on your hair. I've been using this since about the end of November and my hair has never felt more soft and healthy. My hair is super shiny too, almost glossy and I'm pretty sure its thanks to this. I've used so many different products for my hair and not one has worked as well as this stuff has. I'm interested in trying out more of the Ultimate Repair range and I'm pretty sure my hair will be the bomb.

Skincare wise I've chosen the Clean & Clear Quick Clear Spot Gel - R47 from Clicks, which I featured in my Evening Skincare post so you can check there for a more in depth review. But I really do love this product. Gets rid of pimples in about 3 days and helps with swelling and redness of the pimple. It contains Salicylic Acid which helps to shed dead skin cells and it helps to dissolve the bits of skin that causes your pores to clog. It also encourages skin renewal. My skin really loves Salicylic Acid.

Onto base products is the Catrice Photo Finish 18h liquid foundation in Light Biege - R49 from Dischem. This foundation contains no SPF so its great to wear at night when you're going out because when photo's are taken there'll be no ghost faces. Its quite thick for a liquid foundation, its almost mousse like but thinner and without a primer or cream on your skin before hand, it will be hard to apply. I actually put a dollop in my hands, rub it together and spread it over my face like a cream and then blend it in - I find for me that's the easiest way. But it covers very well, I'd say medium to full coverage and definitely buildable, and when buffed into the skin and blended well it gives off a very airbrushed look. Very impressed with this foundation (like I am with all Catrice products) and its my night time staple. Next base products would be the L'Oreal Nude Magique CC Cream for Anti-Dullness - R169 from Clicks. I love this CC cream and apply it underneath my base of choice. It's a purple, mauve colour which helps with the yellow, swallow tones that makes your skin lack-lustre and its a liquid formula that is really easy to work into the skin. It moisturises and gives my skin that radiant glow that I'm always after.

My other favourite face product is the Rimmel Stay Matte Translucent Powder. I'm not quite sure how much it was - I literally swept it nicely into my basket grabbed it but I did get it from Dischem, that much I did notice. With a light dusting of this powder, all your shiny areas will remain matte for quite a while and your makeup also stays in place and doesn't slip anywhere - great for a night out with the girls.

3 eye products I've chosen will be firstly the Riri Loves Mac Her Cocoa Palette - R350. Well HELLO, what did you expect! You can read my review and looks here. Ah its so beautiful, I sometimes open it just to stare at it. Next eyeshadow product is the Rimmel ScandalEyes Crayon in Bulletproof Beige - another one of those products that I grabbed not bothering to check the price. I love these crayons, they're so creamy, pigmented and soft and very easy to blend. I've been loving the one wash eyeshadow colour thang lately and this just makes me happy that its made that look so easy to do. My mascara favourites has got to be the Maybelline The Falsies Volum Express Flare Mascara - R119. I love that this lasts a long time and my eyelashes look long, thick and fluttery thanks to the flare effect. I reach for this every day and I don't think my love affair with this will end.

Last but not least is the Avon Amour perfume - R159 (special). By no means is this the best perfume in the world but the smell is gorgeous, its a very floral and feminine scent and I am all about floral scents because they're natural. It doesn't last very long either but the smell is enough to make me alright about that. I can safely say that it's been my Spring/Summer fragrance.

I can't wait for February to come as its the month of "love", mine, my sisters and my dads birthdays and hopefully new beauty products to try.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from every one of you so please feel free to share your thoughts below! x