Tuesday 21 January 2014

Evening Skincare


Last week I did a post on my morning skincare routine, which you can read here, it is quite a basic routine. Today I'll share my evening skincare routine, which is the one that I enjoy best. It is also quite basic, I've seen so many evening skincare routines that have 101 products in it. I'd get so confused, I like things simple. So without further ado here it is.
First up I remove any makeup with my usual makeup remover, being the Bioderma Sensibo H2O. I then wet my face with water and wash it thoroughly with the Dove Beauty Cream Bar. I mentioned this in my Skin Saviours post here so you can check up there with more details about it, but basically I know we not supposed to use soap but I find this moisturises my skin while leaving it clean, soft and clear.

Next I've been using The Body Shop Tea Tree Blackhead Exfoliating Wash for a bit of a skin buffer. This buffs the skin so well and gets rid of all dead skin because it has tiny apricot seeds in it in a creamy, green mixture. It's not too rough but I find it doesn't get rid of blackheads all that well but I still love it as it clears my skin and exfoliates very well without stripping the skin. I'm onto my second bottle of this and will soon be on my third. I alternate this between the Neutrogena Visibly Clear 2 in 1 Wash and Mask. I generally use this when my skin is suffering from blemishes. It's a white, creamy, clay-ey texture that doesn't strip the skin and leaves a tingly sensation on your face. I find this really has been contributing to how my skin has been looking lately. I have few blemishes and I think it is thanks to this. I love that you can use this as a mask too, and this mask works so well when blemishes are angry looking and/or just as preventative for future blemishes. It doesn't dry out the skin and leaves my skin feeling, clear, clean, soft and refreshed.

To tone my skin I use the Bioderma Sebium. I tried using this as a makeup remover and while it does remove makeup, I don't find it works as well as the Sensibo water does. That said I like to use this after I've washed my face and wipe it everywhere with a good dosing of this on a cotton pad. Its very refreshing and gets rid of excess dirt that cleanser may not have removed. This also helps those pesky oil glands from producing too much oil which in turn causes blemishes.

For moisturising I have since changed my trusty Bioderma AI cream for the Eucerin Dermo Purifyer Hydrating Care Cream - I know, I was shocked too! I find this really does work. It has a very chemist cream smell to it which I'm not too fond of but what the heck, eh? This really has helped control my oil and it mattifies my skin very nicely. This helps so well when my skin goes through a crazy breakout phase. I'm actually thinking about investing more into the Dermo Purifyer range aimed at combo/oily skin.

The last step finally is the Clean & Clear Quick Clear Spot Gel. Oh. My. Gosh. I cannot tell you how well this stuff has worked for me. I bought it last year in November sometime and I felt it didn't work for me, so I left it in my drawer till January this year and wow do I regret the time I have wasted. This doesn't get rid of pimples immediately but once applied directly onto the spot (it dries clear) the next morning when I wake up, I find that the swelling of the pimple has gone down including the redness, if the pimple is caught early enough I find that the pimple disappears after about 3 days of applying this, and the best part?? The pimple does not turn into a "head", it gradually disappears. I apply it every night and if necessary every morning until it vanishes. This is great stuff I tell you!

I find that this routine really has helped my skin with my problematic oil production and blemishes. Of course I do still get blemishes but with this routine I am convinced that all blemishes I do get are strictly hormonal pimples and are beyond my control.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from every one of you so please feel free to share your thoughts below! x