Thursday 23 January 2014

FOTD #5: The Minimalist


Lately I've been sporting a very bare but polished look. I haven't been in the mood to go all out on my makeup but I don't feel comfortable going too bare. To be honest I'm really digging this minimalist look. Its very simple and I'm done with makeup in 5 minutes (okay 7 or 8 minutes...).

For the base I obviously first just put my normal day cream on and follow with the Garnier BB cream in light. I really love this stuff. It covers very well but it looks natural because my freckles show through and it looks dewy but matte at the same time. Its love. And while we on the topic of bases, I recently purchased the L'oreal CC cream, the anti dullness one, and wow! It makes my skin glow and it works so well with this Garnier BB cream and the Rimmel 9 in 1 BB cream. Full review shall come soon when I've used it a few more times and experimented, and I'll try get my hands on the anti fatigue one too.

For concealer I chose the Maybelline Fit Me concealer in Fair. I chose this because it works really well with dark circles and blemishes so its a must have product. For my cheeks I used the Essence Silky Touch Blush in 10 Adorable. Its a beautiful baby pink that just gives a subtle, light touch of colour to my cheeks.

For my eyes I used the Rimmel ScandalEyes crayon in Bulletproof Beige all over my lid and in the inner corners of my eyes. This is so creamy and easy to use and adds a subtle wash of colour. I'm all about the one wash colour on my eyes at the moment. For mascara I used the Maybelline Falsies Volume Express to give my lashes that fluttery look. I leave my lips bare and I just use a balm.

And thats that. Simple.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from every one of you so please feel free to share your thoughts below! x