Wednesday 15 January 2014

Morning Skincare

One of the things I hate, other than shaving, washing and styling my hair, is washing my face in the morning. I have no idea why, I think its just because I'm a lazy person and also not one of the best morning people either but washing your face in the morning to me is essential so all morning complaints aside, I thought I'd share with you my no fuss morning skincare routine.

First up is The Body Shop Tea Tree Cool and Creamy Wash. I like to use a creamy wash in the mornings because I feel like my skin gets too tight if I use any other face wash thats not creamy. Plus it bangs in a little bit of quick moisture into the skin without making my skin oily during the course of the day. This is very refreshing because of the tea tree and it really helps my skin with blemishes. I wash this off with warm water and a face cloth.

I then tone my skin with the Clarins Daily Energizer Wake Up Booster. This contains some healthy ingredients like green coffee which recharges your skin to make it radiant and awake, red currant extract which mositurises and white tea extract which protects against free radicals and prevents environmental damage. This is so refreshing, definitely feels like it wakes up my skin and moisturises.

I've added in two creams here which I swap between each other as my skin needs it. They are the Clarins Daily Energizer Lotion and The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion. I generally always use the Clarins Lotion as it contains SPF 15 and it moisturises without making my skin oily during the day and brightens my skin making it appear radiant, glowing and soft . I use The Body Shop Tea Tree lotion for those days when my skin is suffering from blemishes. This clears my skin over time and helps mattify my skin. My skin soaks this stuff up by the gallon.

I don't really switch up my morning routine as the seasons change because I feel like this works for both summer and winter because it helps get my skin glowing and clear of blemished. This routine is also refreshing and who wouldn't want a bit of that every morning?!

Whats your morning routine?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from every one of you so please feel free to share your thoughts below! x