Thursday 31 October 2013

Budget Beauty: The Body Shop Seaweed Pore-Cleansing Facial Exfoliator

The Body Shop Seaweed Pore-Cleansing Facial Exfoliator - R99.

 The Body Shop seaweed range is aimed mainly for people with combination to oily skin. This exfoliator is incredible. Its oil and soap free which helps control sebum but it doesn't strip my skin too much and leave it dry and tight.
 It contains olive stone and jojoba beads to clarify and exfoliate the skin leaving feeling soft,
smooth and clean. This product claims to remove dead skin cells through exfoliation, rebalance oil production and to refresh the skin by removing every day dirt from the environment.

I must say this does what it claims too. My skin feels so much smoother and softer after using this and your skin does feel really refreshed. I don't, however, think this changes the amount of sebum my skin produces in the long run. It does get rid of oil but only when you use the product. My skin definitely is softer though and bumps under my skin have eventually disappeared.

The actual product is a gel like texture with very abrasive beads so I don't think people with sensitive skin should try this as it could irritate the skin although it still is a lot more gentle than most exfoliators. The gel is what controls sebum and mattifies the skin. It lathers and spreads easily so a little goes a long way. I usually use a creamy cleanser first to get rid of any traces of makeup and just to cleanse my skin, then I'll use this only every second night or when I feel my skin needs it as I switch up my second step cleanse every night. Double cleanse!

Overall I'm buying this again as I really love the way it makes my skin smoother and gets rid of bumps without being over abrasive. This product makes me want to try the rest of the Seaweed range from The Body Shop.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from every one of you so please feel free to share your thoughts below! x