Tuesday 15 October 2013

Bioderma Sebium AI Intensive Care

 
 Bioderma Sebium AI Intensive Care - R167.95.

Oh the lovely world of French skincare. Bioderma has to be the best skincare range out there if you ask me and this AI cream is probably their best creation. This cream is specifically for acne-prone skin. It helps get rid of the bacteria that causes inflammation of spots.
It regulates the production of sebum, reduces shine and helps with the prevention of marks and scars.

This cream does exactly what it says it does. My skin doesn't produce as much sebum therefore theres less shiny areas but my skin isn't dry at all, it falls more under the normal category when I use this. I bought this as a "last resort" when my skin was really bad (well it wasnt really bad but to me it was worse than my skin has ever been). I didn't realize that there was a similar cream for combination to oily skin which is what I would've gone for had I known. I applied this cream morning and night after I cleansed throughly - bonus is that this can be used as a sort of primer underneath your makeup while working to keep skin clear. I found this really worked. After about four days my skin was clearer and the marks of pimples were fading and my skin was less red. Pimples also stopped popping up once they were gone and it stopped any "future" pimples from even thinking about saying hello. I used this for two weeks day and night and I was so happy. I then stopped putting it on twice a day to only at night and then every second night. I wanted to save it because for R167.95 for only 30mls is a teeny bit excessive. I then thought I could stop using it and only use it as and when I needed too since my skin was under control... stupid me. My skin started up again after about 2 weeks of not using the cream. I'm now back to applying this every night and sometimes as a primer for when I wear makeup. In all fairness my skin isn't acne prone at all so if you do suffer from acne this may take longer than two weeks before you see an improvement in your skin.

It seems like my skin can't survive just yet without a healthy amount of this cream much to my wallets dismay but its a completely worth it staple in my skincare routine. I'm still on my first tube of this cream and its been one, going on two months so it does last a fairly long time. They also have a cream available for combination to oily skin (as mentioned earlier) if you don't need one for acne prone skin which is what I'm thinking of swapping to once my skin is in order or to a similar cream called Bioderma Sebium Global which is basically the same thing but it helps control severe blemishes rather than acne so thats's worth a glance too if this cream doesn't tickle your fancy. They are all around the same price range. But seriously this cream is definitely worth a look if you come across it at your local pharmacy or Dischem stores.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from every one of you so please feel free to share your thoughts below! x