Monday 25 March 2013

What's On My Nails

I never used to do my nails very often because I could never find a nail polish that didn't chip. Seriously I used to paint my nails and the very next day or even that night my nails would be chipping. So eventually I gave up, although I still didn't stop buying nail polish because they're so pretty!

On Saturday morning I felt like doing my nails so I hauled out my coral red colour that I'm in love with at the moment!
From Left: Yardley Treatment Proteinised Glaze R52.95 & Kangol Nail Varnish in Mango Tango R49

In all fairness when I bought this Kangol nail polish it was more orange, hence the name Mango Tango. I didn't really like the orange colour that it was but I bought it anyway cause I was going to mix it up a bit. I rumaged through my nail polish collection and found a strong red that was a bit too red for me and I started pouring the red into the Kangol nail polish. Needless to say I made the most beautiful coral red colour I've ever seen!!

All Kangol nail varnishes go on so smoothly and perfectly when you apply two coats to get that pop of colour. They do chip if you don't put a top coat over it (sigh...) and that is when I discovered this baby from Yardley. My holy oath I promise you that this Treatment from Yardley is just the shizz. It says that it strengthens and hardens your nails and prevents staining and chipping. That is exactly what it does. It makes your nail polish look shiny and it almost gives it a gel finish at first and then it dries and settles in with the colour nail polish you've applied. It's a little bit sticky if you don't put enough varnish on so you really have to put a lot on the brush. It dries semi quickly but I find that even if you think your nail polish is dry... it's not really. That's with most nail polish though. I find it does strengthen your nails which is a plus for me because I have very weak nails that break at the drop of a hat. I can't judge about it preventing stains because my nails don't stain easily.

As I said I applied nail polish on the Saturday morning and since then I've washed dishes, the car, my hair and dug in dirt to plant some pretty plants in the garden and used a scrubbing brush to get the dirt out from under my nails and now on a Monday morning there is still NOT ONE CHIP!! For only R52.95 I think this was one of the biggest bargains I've ever bought in my life.

The finished product - isn't the colour lovely?

I highly recommend this Yardley product and my promise to you is you won't be dissappointed! And just to prove how long this nail polish will last for I will do another post on when my nails start chipping and we can count the days it's lasted for and the activities it's outlasted!


Would you use this product?
Have you tried Yardley before?
Let me know if you'd be keen for a follow up post!
xxx

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from every one of you so please feel free to share your thoughts below! x