Thursday 28 March 2013

The Bad News on Face Wipes

Face wipes. Everybody's used them once or twice or more in their lives because they are so convinient to use. I was reading Becky's blog today and I read her recent post about her confessions. Her last confession was using face wipes occansionally, even though they are bad for your skin. So I guessed a lot of people wouldn't know why face wipes are bad for your skin, myself included. I went onto those Yahoo questions that you can search on google and picked up, from various answers, why they are bad and now I'm sharing them with you.

I would like to say first that I do occansionally use face wipes but not everyday (it's my guilty secret...) Okay so while face wipes are easier to use, not to mention handy, face wipes only remove impurities from the surface of your skin, which I guess is alright since all you mainly want to do is remove your make up from the surface but remember make up can settle in your pores and clog them up leading to pimples.

Apparently face wipes lead to extreme dryness of the skin because face wipes don't contain moisturiser in them. I wash my face straight after I've used face wipes since I hate that feeling of the wet, almost sticky feeling it leaves on my skin (I shiver just thinking about it...) so I can't really say if my face wipes have ever dried my skin out. And talking about that, face wipes are soaked in some pretty harmful chemicals (I can't say all brands use these chemicals but I saw my brand of face wipes do contain one of these harmful chemicals.)
Here's a list of ingredients to watch out for:
  1. Propylene glycol and Dipropylene glycol - these are irritants!
  2. Parabens
  3. Phenoxyethanol - another irritant!
Also, think about it, we've always been told in school that things that contain moisture in them are a breeding ground for bacteria... face wipes are packed on top of one another in all that moisture with the heat of the light bulbs in the shop shining down on them, not to mention that face wipes sit in the shop for months at times waiting to be sold so they have to have some sort of preservative or alcohol in them to retain their use. Now think you're rubbing that face wipe with possible bacteria and all those irritant chemicals all over your skin and your delicate eye area!

Now I'm sure I've scared people into not using them so instead I'll say try using a cream cleanser. It will remove make up and get into your pores, moisturise and condition your skin. Sounds better right? Right.


Hope this helped.
xxx


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from every one of you so please feel free to share your thoughts below! x