Tuesday 26 March 2013

Know Your Face & What It's Telling You

Today I thought I should do a post about what your skin is telling you when you have breakouts. I learnt this from my dermatologist years and years back and it really helped me understand so hopefully it'll help you too. So here it goes:



Picture of Myself Describing The Areas of the Face I'll Talk About
   
  • Breakouts on your forehead mean that you are stressed and that you have not had enough sleep.There isn't much you can do about stress apart from trying to relax but you do have to make sure you have enough sleep at night. You may think makeup will cover bad skin up, and it will mostly, but makeup always looks better on a healthy face! Try eight hours of sleep (depending on your routine and what you do) and cut back on the coffee so that when night time comes you feel sleepy instead of on a caffeine buzz.

  • Above your brow represents your immune system. You generally get pimples above your brow before, during or after you've had the flu. Try keep your immune sysytem healthy by eating lots of veggies (sorry if I sound like your mum but your mum was right when she tried to shove veggies down your throat when you were younger!) so that you get the correct vitamins you need for beautiful skin.

  • Breakouts on your forehead means overindulgence. That whole slab of chocolate you had last night will show up here. I'm not going to tell anyone not to eat chocolate, sweets or fizzy drinks because then I'd have to practice what I preach and giving up chocolate and sweets will make me go insane. However I will say eat and drink "bad things" in moderation.

  • Breakouts on your cheeks show how good your lung quality is. If you smoke it's best to stop because smoking for a girl just doesn't look right and the wrinkles you get because of smoking is not worth it. If people around you smoke very heavily try move away from them because it will still effect you in the long run.

  • And the last one I'm sure we've ALL had because pimples on the sides of your chin represent your hormones. So depending on which ovary is ovulating during that time of the month (when you don't want to hold your boyfriend's hand) then one side of you chin will show that. There isn't anything you can do really to stop pimples from breaking out on your chin because its your hormones controlling it but don't freak out too much about these breakout's! They only come once a month (phew...)
I hope this post helped you understand your skin and what it's telling you. Pay attention to your skin and it will tell you what you need or don't need. Please remember that pimples are hereditary (yes, you can blame your parents for this one!) and it does not necessarily mean that you have an unhealthy diet. If you've cut down on chocolate completely, you don't smoke or you eat very healthily and you still suffer with breakouts and no amount of various face washes or masks help your skin, maybe go see a dermatologist. They will pick up on the problem and help you!

Also I have to add that you HAVE to have a skin care routine. A skin care routine is highly important (even though I didn't think so at one stage). You need to make sure all your makeup has been removed by using wipes or makeup remover, cleanse your face with a good face wash (you can see my face wash here), exfoliate if you need too and always, always, always apply a moisturiser! There's nothing worse than flaky skin when you put your makeup on!

Did this post help?
What's your skin care routine and do you stick with it?
xxx

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from every one of you so please feel free to share your thoughts below! x