Wednesday 19 February 2014

FOTD #6

Now I know my FOTD's usually look pretty similar but I really enjoy doing FOTD's, especially when I'm using one or two new products that I'd love to tell you about. I'm still really into the minimalist look at the moment, I think its classic, easy, quick and very pretty for a day time look. I won't lie even if I go out at night I don't wear all that much more makeup but I do my eyes a bit darker and throw in some bronzer and highlighter.

I've been trying out the Revlon Photoready BB Cream in 010 Light - R159.90. At first I thought it might look too light for my skin but once its blended in, its the perfect match. I then use the Revlon Colourstay Blemish Concealer in Fair - R69.95, on all my blemishes and dot it under my eyes and blend it in. Next is the Rimmel Powder Blush in Coral - R79.95. I use this very lightly over my cheeks and this gives the slightest coral shimmer. I love it and you can see how often I use it. Next is my eyebrows and for this I use the Avon Glimmersticks Brow Definer in Dark Brown - R49.99 (on special). I think this is very underrated, for a pencil it looks natural on me and the colour matches my eyebrows perfectly, which has been so hard for me to find because most are usually too dark or too light. Onto the eyes, I used the Stila In The Light palette - R395 (last time I checked on Rubybox). I got this as a birthday present from my sister and I have literally not put this down once. I used the shade "Bare" all over my eyes and then on the lid I used the shade "Kitten" which is a lovely shimmery champagne colour and my most used colour out of the palette. For mascara I used the Catrice Better Than False Lashes Volume Mascara (something like Maybelline?) - R79. I must say I've been loving it. It gives the right amount of length, volume and flare to my usually short, stubby and thin lashes. Lastly I used the Labello HydroCare lipice mainly because my lips have been dry and flaky because of my recent bout of flu and the like, and whatever colour I put on my lips highlighted that, so I thought it wise to leave that off. Although I could've used some colour looking at the pictures but rather not.

Reviews on the Stila palette and the Revlon BB Cream coming soon so keep your eyes peeled - they're a goodie!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from every one of you so please feel free to share your thoughts below! x