Wednesday 26 June 2013

Budget Beauty: Freeman Beauty Pineapple Enzyme Mask


This is my second product from the Freeman Beauty Feeling Beautiful range and once again I'm not left disappointed. I have another mask which I did a full review on here and that mask made me want to try other products from their range. It was about R15 more expensive than the last mask but thats expected because the first mask was bought a while ago and bought at the local Dischem store.

Lately I've been looking for products aimed at making my skin a lot more radiant and awake so when I saw the little caption "restores radiant skin" this was right up my alley and boy I'm not disappointed with this at all. This product contains pineapple, sea kelp and AHA's. Pineapple is a natural exfoliant that can remove impurities and unblock pores which reveals bright and clear skin, plus its natural so its not harmful to your skin at all. Sea kelp is a real natural wonder. Sea kelp is otherwise known as seaweed and is also a natural exfoliator that can regulate oil production, remove bacteria and reduce redness. Sea kelp contains a natural source of vitamins A, B1, B2, C, D and E and it also contains a natural source of minerals such as zinc, iodine, magnesium, iron and calcium (sea kelp has 10 times more calcium than milk!). So far so good, everything is natural, natural, natural which is great cause I hate all these chemicals in products because you never know what is actually good for you or not. Lastly is the AHA's (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) which contains all chemical compounds (I'm not going to get into the chemistry of it because I'll fail miserably) and claims to reduce wrinkles and improve the look and feel of your skin as AHA's exfoliates your skin and clears away the dead and dull skin cells and stimulates the renewal of skin cells. Phew... now that is a lot of natural  exfoliating goodness in one product.

Now down to how this product works. I use this after I've removed my makeup and washed and toned my skin and then I apply this about one a week. It's very thick but liquid-y at the same time and it has tiny sugar like beads in it which exfoliate the skin, the sugar like beads are quite rough so possibly people with really sensitive skin shouldn't try this. The smell is a very subtle pineapple smell. I use about two pea sized amounts to cover my face and neck (don't forget your neck!) and rub it in circular motions into my skin and then leave it on for about 10 to 15 minutes and thoroughly rinse it off. I'm left with soft, soft skin after the first use and after about three uses you can really see how radiant your skin looks because all the dead skin cells have been lifted away revealing a new layer of bright skin due to the AHA's and pineapples. This lifts away all dirt and gets rid of pimples and even small blackheads because of the natural exfoliants. You can tell the sea kelp works as the oil production in my skin has really slowed down because my skin isn't shiny anymore or have that oily feeling to it. I wouldn't say this has stopped pimples from coming up on my skin (especially if you only get pimples due to hormones like me) but I will say it helps pimples that are caused by bacteria and oil. It helps exfoliate the blackheads away and slows down the rate at which blackheads pop up (nasty things!). Of course all the vitamins and minerals help skin a lot in the long run so its always good to have those playing a part especially vitamin E which helps scars. It doesn't leave my skin tight or dry. This product is great for all skin types except people with sensitive should be careful because of the sugar beads in it, it could irritate the skin as I said.

All in all this is a great product that really does restore radiant skin with its exfoliating properties and remove bacteria, impurities and regulates oil production like a true gem. Honestly this product is just too good for words and I don't think a blog post does this mask any justice its just that awesome, just go out and buy it and fall in love. I have never found one product that helps all sorts of problems that I have with my skin and it seems like it was made for me in mind ;) Love it!

xxx

Links below:

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from every one of you so please feel free to share your thoughts below! x